Here are five tips to get the most out of your b2b events or exhibitions...
Events present an ideal opportunity for face to face interaction, but require a structured approach to garnering leads in order to maximise the investment.
1) Prior to your b2b event or exhibition target your attendees with a simple e-mail marketing campaign using marketing automation; this can act as a gentle reminder and to encourage attendance by emphasising the benefits and opportunities that this event could hold for them. Why not offer them an extra incentive that is too good to refuse, invite them as VIP’s. Use the metrics and forms to see who is interested, and capture information e.g. mobile numbers.
2) An SMS can also be used as a reminder including information on the date, time, location, stand number and the representatives at your event or exhibition. Add the personal touch with a friendly sign off at the end of your message “We look forward to seeing you tomorrow”.
3) At your B2B Event or Exhibition ensure that you have a detailed list of who you have invited and make sure to tick all of your visitors off the list so that you can follow up those who did not turn up or may have missed you.
4) Following your Event or Exhibition use your list to pinpoint those who you may have missed or did not attend and follow this up, as part of your b2b events marketing, with an e-newsletter about the success of your event or exhibition. Include pictures and acknowledge the fact that you did not see them “Sorry we missed you but if you’d like to talk…”.
5) Ensure that you secure an agreement from the organisers to use lists of attendees before the event or exhibition it’s your best time to negotiate! Following the show you can target potential prospects that may have missed you.
Events present an ideal opportunity for face to face interaction, but require a structured approach to garnering leads in order to maximise the investment. We can help you formulate an effective events strategy for b2b lead generation, start that conversation now with a free consultation.